This article illustrates the root access via Magisk to enable the Motorola Moto G8 Power device. The steps to Root.
This article illustrates the root access via Magisk to enable the Motorola Moto G8 Power device. The steps to Root Moto G8 Power using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease have been elaborated here.
The customizations and tweaking of your device is the most favorite for Android users. One of them is rooting that offers a superuser or administrator to access the user for modifying the system files and apps quickly. There exist many chances for performing easily on rooted devices.
Some of them are:
- Users can edit or delete system root directory files,
- Overclock device performance,
- Use rooted apps,
- Install custom modules, and the list continues.
The Magisk is used to patch stock boot image while rooting your Moto G8 Power and flash it to the device boot partition. The answer to the question Why to use Magisk? It is probably because of its system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also reserve online security devices to work apps properly, like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Steps to Root Moto G8 Power using Magisk without TWRP
- The phone battery should be minimum 60%
- Take full backup of your device.
- PC / Laptop is must needed and USB cable too.
It is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or to brick your device. If anything goes wrong TheWorldsBestAndWorst is not responsible for it.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- Extract the downloaded firmware to your PC.
- Find the boot.img from extracted firmware and transfer it to your device.
- Download and install Magisk manager to your device.
- Open Magisk manager and tap on INSTALL > INSTALL > PATCH BOOT IMAGE (Here you have to select the boot.img file which you have just transferred.)
- Now magisk has started the process to patch the boot.img
- Once the process is done, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the download folder and transfer to your PC.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Moto G8 Power
- Extract the ADB & Fastboot file and then move the “patched_boot.img” file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- To root you Moto G8 Power, enter the following command in command window/PowerShell:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- Use the following commands, for devices with A/B partition system:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Once the process is done, enter the following command to reboot your device. The process might take few seconds.