Have you installed the latest OxygenOS 11 beta on your OnePlus 8 device? If you’re facing issues and feel that the beta software is not optimal for your daily usage, then you might want to downgrade back to the good old stable OxygenOS 10 software.
In this guide, we will show you how to downgrade the OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro from OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) Beta to OxygenOS 10 (Android 10). This could be easily done by installing the downgrade/rollback package through the Local Upgrade option.
OnePlus was one of the first few device manufacturers to jump on the Android 11 dev preview bandwagon. Soon after their launch, both the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro received Android 11 developer preview support, aiming at developers and early adopters. And now, after the release of the stable Android 11 update, the company has released Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 Open Beta for the aforementioned devices.
Make sure that you fulfill the requirements listed below before you head to the instructions.
- Downgrading by installing the OxygenOS 11 rollback package will automatically erase all the data stored on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro. So, take a complete backup of all your important data first. You could also refer to our guide for instructions on how to take a backup.
- If you’ll be using your computer to download and transfer the files, then ensure that you have the proper OnePlus USB drivers installed. You will not need these drivers if your PC can automatically detect the phone.
- Charge your phone to a sufficient battery level (40% or above) to prevent it from shutting down during the downgrade process.
- If your OnePlus 8 is rooted with Magisk, open Magisk Manager and select “Uninstall” > “Complete Uninstall” before you start following the instructions. This will unroot your phone completely and ensure that that the downgrade goes smoothly.
Download OxygenOS 11 Rollback Package
Knowing that users might want to downgrade back to the stable OxygenOS 10 software, OnePlus has provided the official rollback package for both the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. Installing the rollback package to your phone will allow you to downgrade from OxygenOS 11 Open Beta back to the stable OxygenOS 10 software.
For OnePlus 8
- IN21AA (Global): OnePlus8Oxygen_15.O.20_OTA_020_all_2007160043_downgrade_158f17a144084a34.zip
- IN21BA (Europe): OnePlus8Oxygen_15.E.15_OTA_015_all_2005090045_downgrade_0bf7c69600544606.zip
- IN21DA (India): OnePlus8Oxygen_15.I.19_OTA_019_all_2007160040_downgrade_44ff527388f24f3c.zip
For OnePlus 8 Pro
- IN11AA (Global): OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.O.21_OTA_021_all_2007160051_downgrade_65eeb8e408d44a1d.zip
- IN11BA (Europe): OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.E.17_OTA_017_all_2005100255_downgrade_a12e81c7834b4333.zip
- IN11DA (India): OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.I.21_OTA_021_all_2007160041_downgrade_9d5b29a0d9834b5d.zip
How to Downgrade OnePlus 8/8 Pro OxygenOS 11 to OxygenOS 10
To downgrade your phone back to OxygenOS 10 (Android 10):
- First, download the rollback package according to your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro.
- Connect your phone to the computer via the USB cable and enable File Transfer (MTP) mode.
- Transfer the downloaded rollback zip package to the root of your phone’s internal storage (i.e. outside all folders).
- Once the file has been transferred to the correct place, disconnect the phone.
- Now open the Settings menu on your OnePlus 8/8 Pro and scroll down to the very bottom. Select “System” and then “System updates”.
- Press the cogwheel icon on the top-right of the system update screen and select the “Local upgrade” option.
- The rollback package file will be displayed on the screen. If it doesn’t, then make sure that the file isn’t in any of the folders if the internal storage.
- Tap on the file and select ‘Confirm’ when prompted to install the rollback package and downgrade your OnePlus 8/8 Pro to OxygenOS 10 software.
- The installation may take a few minutes. Once it finishes, select ‘REBOOT’.
Your phone will now enter the stock recovery mode to perform a factory data reset. After this is done, it will finally boot into the OS.
That’s it, your OnePlus 8/8 Pro has successfully been downgraded from OxygenOS 11 Open Beta (Android 11) to OxygenOS 10 (Android 10) stable. From here on, you will continue to receive all stable OxygenOS updates, including the stable OxygenOS 11 update, when it’s released by OnePlus.