Software updates are a big topic of discussion in the Android world. The unfortunate truth is not enough phones are consistently updated to the latest version of Android.
This plays a big role in deciding on which phone to buy. Samsung phones are usually updated pretty well, even if it does take a long time for the updates to roll out. However, you can update the firmware manually by using a nifty tool. We’ll show you how to use Samsung’s “Odin” tool.
How to use Odin Samsung Flash Tool – A Basic Guide
The following basic steps will assist to flash stock firmware with using Odin3 flash tool.
- Download and extract a zip file containing your desired firmware.
- Open Odin Tool.
- Boot your device in the Download Mode (Press Volume Down, Power and Home buttons at same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is active.)
- Connect your device to PC via the USB cable while in download mode.
- Next, check the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options in Odin Tool.
- Hit the AP/PDA button then browse and select a tar.md5 file from the extracted folder.
- Finally press the start button to begin flashing the firmware update on your device.