Realme Flash Tool is a small application for Windows Computer, that allows you to flash or install .ofp firmware (ROM) on Realme Devices.
Realme follows a different route when it comes to unlocking the bootloader. You can’t simply unlock the device via the fastboot oem unlock command. First of all, you will have to apply for the depth-test using the device-specific app. Then if everything works out well, you could proceed with the instructions.
While users didn’t have much issue with this, their demands were mostly focused on a flash tool. Well, there is even a petition for the same in Change.org which has already been signed by over 850+ at the time of writing. And now it seems the OEM has finally paid heed to this request. They have now released the Realme Flash Tool for the general public.
The tool allows you to flash the OFP packages and as of now, the Realme X, X2, X2 Pro and X50 Pro are the supported devices. So if you have this device and wish to give the flash tool a try, then here are some of the points to keep in mind.
- The entire data will be wiped off. Therefore we request you to create a backup of your data beforehand.
- Your device should have an unlocked bootloader. It should also be able to boot to fastboot mode.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 50%, to avoid any sudden power off during the process.
Important Points worth Mentioning
- You cannot downgrade the Android version using this tool. You could only downgrade to a lower Realme UI or Color OS if the packages belong to the same Android version.
- Furthermore, this tool doesn’t work in EDL or Emergency Download Mode.
- Realme claims that the tool is for the Indian region as of now. They “cannot guarantee that it will work properly in other regions”
- Download and install the Realme Flash tool on your PC. Also, download the desired firmware file and keep it on your PC.
- Next, boot your device to Fastboot Mode. To do so, shut down the device and long-press the power & volume down key simultaneous to enter the fastboot mode interface.
- Launch the flash tool and click on the Browse button. Navigate to the folder where the firmware package is placed and select it.
- Next, click on the Loading device button situated next to Browse.
- Once done, hit the Flash button. In the confirmation dialog box that appears, click on Confirm.
- The process will take some time. You could keep a note of the same using the Status and Schedule section. Upon completion, you should see the Process complete dialog box, as shown below.
You could now use the volume key to choose shut down or restart your device to exit the fastboot mode.So that was all from this guide on the Realme Flash Tool. As mentioned before, it currently supports Realme X, X2, X2 Pro and the Realme X50 Pro (Indian variant).. Well, this is what the official wordings had to say. However, if you are ready to take a shot, you could try out on other Realme devices of other regions as well, and let us know whether you could achieve success or not.
Download Realme Flash Tool